AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Where is the savings in Daylight Savings Time?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

boog
Posted 3/10/2008 17:16 (#330785 - in reply to #330734)
Subject: Re: Where is the savings in Daylight Savings Time?

Dave, as a farmer I always work by the sun, or lack of it and don't worry too much about the time. Problem comes when you have to deal with a business that has set hours as I'm sure you are well aware of.

I think a big part of Indiana's problem is that no matter what we establish someone is going to have a conflict with a neighboring state. Problem for us is that state is only 1.5 miles away & we do quite a bit of business there. I also think Indiana has one of the most screwed up time system there is. But again, it can all be attributed to our geographic location.

I had to laugh when they were pushing to get DST passed here in the state. There was an article ran in the "Crawfordsville Athenian" where the reporter couldn't understand why farmers were against DST. Afterall he said, the extra hour of daylight would let the cattle give more milk & the crops would produce more. I about fell out of my chair when I saw that I was laughing so hard

Don't know if you watch the "Today Show" on NBC but they were in this area doing a clip on the time difference between IL & IN & how it affects us as well as Leap Year. I happened to be on they interviewed and I mentionedthat piece out of the "Athenian" hoping it would get used. The clip ran New Years day & they did use a little of my interview but left that part out "~((
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)