AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Leica mojoRTK
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

tmecham
Posted 12/29/2007 14:35 (#270495 - in reply to #266748)
Subject: RE: It's the UI

Hi Ed,

Just wanted to clarify a couple of things.

1) You don't have to drive all the way to the other end of the field in order to snap your a/b line. After about 90 feet you can accept your B point, that is your choice. It is always suggested, no matter what system you purchase or run (Trimble, AutoFarm, Deere, etc.) you actually drive from one end to the other for a higher probability of ending up where you want to be. You can also set your line by Lat/Long. if you would like as well.

2) We didn't rush to market, we are offering a simple, relaible, affordable interface for those who don't want all the benefits and features that come with a higher price point. We prefer to let our customers pick and choose what is really necessary for their operation. Spring 2008, please see the RINEX partnership press release for your other "UI" concerns. http://rinex.com.au/news.asp?NID=51

3) It isn't very comparable with the average "consumer" market comparison vs. the agriclutural guidance market. I am sure there are those who are willing to pay more, that is no contest and has been going on for years just by the looks of how the technology has also dropped in price. However, ask yourself, should I charge you more becuase I can and you will pay for it, or should I give those who can't afford a 30k+ system an opportunity to gain a higher productivity rating for their operation who want RTK but can't justify that higher price tag becuase they don't have 2000 plus acres and integrate into some of their current exisiting products they have already invested in? Just some food for thought. :-)

Please let me know if there are any other questions that I may be able to asssit you with and have a Happy New Year!

Trevor
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)