AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Leica mojoRTK
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

Ed Boysun
Posted 12/23/2007 11:29 (#266748 - in reply to #266649)
Subject: It's the UI

Agent Orange: Friendly fire that keeps on burning.

I looked at one but can't see how it would work for me with it's almost non-existent user interface. All you can do is straight line A-B guidance, which wouldn't be so bad, but you have to drive to both points to set them before you can start using the guidance. That may be liveable but you can not store A-B lines, so every time you move to a field, you need to reset the A-B. I've tried to come up with a reason that a big operation like these guys are would offer something with such a sparse interface. Only thing I can come up with is that it was rushed to market, and I don't know why? If it's so easy to add all these necessary features, I'm at a loss to figure out why it wasn't done before the intro instead of some non-specific time in the future. Kinda has a lot of similarities to what we used to call "Vapor Ware" in the computer biz.

Good example here in the current state of the video game market: Giant strides have been made in the game console market. Microsoft's X-Box and the Sony PlayStation consoles are currently at the top of the heap when it comes to processing power and stunning graphics. Both use pretty much a traditional UI. Then along comes Nintendo with decent but not stunning graphics and decent but not stunning processing power and memory. Look at what's hot and flew off the shelves last Xmas and are still mostly un-available this Xmas because they're sold out. It's a Nintendo Wii and the only reason is the silly little hand held controller wand that has revolutionized the UI for video games. Nintendo got the UI right and folks are paying more than list price; and rest homes, retirement villages in the sun belt, senior centers all over are buying Wiis so oldsters can join the youngsters in video console recreation. Meanwhile Sony and MS are having to cut prices on their offerings because they don't have the best UI.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)