AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Liquid feed VS WDG / Ground hay TMR. ??
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Stock TalkMessage format

IL cow man
Posted 11/8/2011 18:02 (#2039777 - in reply to #2039200)
Subject: RE: I disagree with you eddie. ??

Buffalo IL
You will be better off to get the MIX 30 and get the extras especially the fat. It takes energy to convert or improve the digestion of poor quality hay and the soy and corn products are a benefit also to the syrup. No energy = no microbial protien to be further processed by cows other stomachs. You can feed a gluten balancer for the mineral as mix 30 will have plenty of phosphorus thus lowering the mineral cost. No I do not work for the company. It also has no added NPN or urea. IT will still flow in the winter, but it gets pretty slow. I don't know about Loomix but I don't believe it has the level of fat. The old days of liquid feed were all urea based and when the corn stalks ran out of corn the cows starved to death with full rumens as they had no energy to convert the NPN to digestible protein and could not digest the stalks. Distillers will work well also as the energy is similar to corn, but lacking the starch of corn. Less problem with acidosis or raising rumen ph. Use the gluten balancer with distillers as it is high in Phos, also. If you can't use enough distillers another option is soyhull pellets it depends on cost.

Edited by IL cow man 11/8/2011 18:29
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)