AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Hey Ben,
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Stock TalkMessage format

Ben
Posted 4/23/2011 06:15 (#1739993 - in reply to #1739889)
Subject: RE: Hey Ben,

North Mo.
Yes I still have them to be honest wish I didn't but it is taking a long time to get some back in shape from the winter they were born in. I'd guess 700 weight green of course. For the most part their mothers have gone to town and replaced by I hope improved stock or they were first calf heifers. For sure a creep feeder would have paid for its self on that bunch. However they are gaining nicely now which is making me money. But I don't want to get in the trap of # per head rather $ net per acre as I sell grass not anything else. At one time I rented another 160 . My son has that good producing cedar tree farm now. The main reason we have it is just to keep others out. He surrounds it on 3 sides with some crop ground figure if our cattle get out only have one person to complain to. Quite a bit of our ground is hill sides with much clay as top soil which drains well. I get a kick out of calling it tillable, yep is maybe one time. In truth none of this ground needs farming in row crops even no-till. Ben

Edited by Ben 4/23/2011 06:27
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)