AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

cheese market crash
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Stock TalkMessage format

Russ In Idaho
Posted 11/12/2010 09:04 (#1432341 - in reply to #1432153)
Subject: Re: milk price

“These are the times that try men's souls.”
The only volume premium I know of is a break on haul rate. If they have a milk pump to pump onto tanker, you would get a price break, also if you where shipping a full tanker, etc. Around ten years ago I was hearing DFA guys were getting their milk hauled for .24 cents, etc. that were close to their plants. I was paying in the sixty cent range. I'm with a private family owned processor. My milk haul is .73 cents. I do know that some DFA producers were getting nailed for more than a dollar a cwt. 20 some years ago. Your place pretty much needs to be able to handle a super tanker getting into your place or they don't want to haul you. But in the Cache Valley, Ut. they still run ten wheelers. They are within 20 miles of plant.

My processor pays up to .30 cent premium for low SSC. and will also pay a increase for component increases such as butterfat, protein, solids,ppd. I can usually get a least a dollar over blend price, it sure helps.

I do know that the dairy down the road from me, gets picked up twice a day and I betting they get their milk hauled for about .15 to 20 cents cheaper than mine. Same truck that picks me up. It's only right, they ship 6 times the milk I do. We live in the middle of our processor's two plants here, only 10 miles difference between the two plants. One in Utah, other in Idaho.

Edited by Russ In Idaho 11/12/2010 09:05
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)