AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

corn crop size estimates
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

yoohoo
Posted 9/26/2010 14:21 (#1374931 - in reply to #1374849)
Subject: RE: corn crop size estimates

NE IOWA/ SE SD
I think your first comment is completely inappropriate and do not appreciate that. We do our best to find an accurate estimate and share the results with everyone.

I explained my differences with the way Chip found his final numbers in the week following the tour as I found out the exact reasoning for chip's departure from the scout data. I will post the link to the post when I have time.

Edit: This is from a post shortly after the Profarmer Tour
"Where I can debate the ProFarmer number (I am not questioning their number, but simply debating) is they compared analog years 2004 & 2005 for Iowa. In those two years Iowa's Profarmer numbers came in 9 bu. under USDA state final yield. I hate to harp on this too much, but test weights can make or break a yield. In 2005, my farm had a very high test weight (58-60) vs. this year where I expect 54-56. So, that increase in yield can roughly add 6% to final yield....or 9-10 bu. "

That was one of the reasons given for the final Profarmer being so different from the scout data. I would like to add that the heat (high temps even at night) and precip in a large part of the cornbelt greatly differed from those two years as well.

Edited by yoohoo 9/26/2010 16:33
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)