AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

lasik eye sugery
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

Redman
Posted 1/10/2010 22:18 (#1015978 - in reply to #1015934)
Subject: RE: lasik eye sugery

SW Saskatchewan
My wife and I both had the surgery a few years back-she was far sighted and I was near sighted so we needed different surgery styles.

Our Dr did one eye for close up and one for distance on both of us( we were starting to need bifocals) and the solution was perfect for five years or so-then age caught up with us and the continuing deterioration required that we get reading glasses.

My wife was always bothered by sunlight and carlights at night and continued to need sunglasses- I do all the night driving anyway. I wore sunglasses for a couple months during healing but discontinued them and have had no night vision - sunlight problems.

Now a couple of years later, my wife was so frustrated finding her reading glasses, she has reverted to progressives.

Myself- couldn't ask for more- after being blind for fifty years until I found my glasses, never being able to weld in the winter because of fogging my glasses etc, I now have freedom.

Price- varies a lot and may or may not include follow up care and "adjustments" if needed. A niece had hers done at a $999.00 clinic and had good results but she was a simple case- a nephew had bad astigmatism as well and had to hunt for a clinic that would do him, but also had good results. Our local optometrist, along with some others in the province, own the Horizon clinic in Saskatoon and Regina and give very good full service and are mid-range in price at $2500.00.

The original "chain store" clinics are more expensive and there location only in the big cities make it difficult to follow up.

PS- When we first started inquiring, we were going to an optometrist in Havre, MT and he had a plan that used a clinic in Toronto, Ontario and a week at a luxury spa while your eyes healed, but sadly only Americans had good enough health insurance for that!
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)