AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

house square footage cost
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

woodchuck
Posted 1/11/2010 03:48 (#1016307 - in reply to #1015857)
Subject: RE: house square footage cost

East central Iowa
Yes, this is the time to build if you are in the financial position to do so. one of my customers is putting up new house and the material cost is actually less than it has been for the past 5 to 10 years. Cost per square foot should run in the range of 80 to 120. There are some good contractors out there that need work and will be happy to do the job.
Be your own contractor and shop around for best bid you can get. BTW I have been a custom cabinet builder and carpenter for the past 12 years, and have built 4 houses and done many new house cabinet and trim jobs so I feel I can provide some helpful advice. The house we are working on right now is an all custom home with geo themal in floor heat and is all brick with 2350 sq ft. .the owner is his own contractor. All cabinets and built ins are hickory and we are hanging all the solid oak doors and trim for 17,000. he says he will have it done for 135/sq ft. and this house will apraise out for about $400,000 or more. good luck! if I can answer any more questions E-mail me
at [email protected]
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)