AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Terrorism from an Isreali Agent>>>>>>>>>>>>
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

Omar
Posted 1/13/2010 20:46 (#1021183 - in reply to #1020591)
Subject: Re: Terrorism from an Isreali Agent>>>>>>>>>>>>

Elmira, Ontario

Plagarize was too strong a word and I shouldn't have used it. I really just intended to find the source of the article so I could evaluate whether it came from someone with an agenda.

I have a hard time with classifying all members of a group as being and thinking the same. Your experiences were obviously valid for the area you were in, so I won't try to dispute it. Knowing what I know about any group, whether it's two people or millions, there are always internal differences of opinion. That's why I have a hard time with demonizing all in a group based on a handful of extremists.

I think the part in the article I had trouble with was the part that said something to the effect of "their horrible scriptures are obviously horrible, but our horrible scriptures need to be taken in historical context and don't really mean for us what the words say". After that, I already knew I couldn't use that article as a source to better inform myself.

For some interesting reading try http://www.theregister.co.uk/2010/01/08/mutallab_comment/

The article makes a point that there is a very limited supply of people willing to undertake mass killing and have the ability to succeed at it. The 911 and other attacks took out entire groups of those who were capable of that. According to the article, that is the main reason you don't see that many followup attacks. Something I'll have to think about.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)