AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Terrorism from an Isreali Agent>>>>>>>>>>>>
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

Omar
Posted 1/10/2010 15:03 (#1015083 - in reply to #1014984)
Subject: RE: Terrorism from an Isreali Agent>>>>>>>>>>>>

Elmira, Ontario

I'm not sure what to think. This guy apparently is a head of some security agency, with some inflated credentials. Much of the stuff attributed to him is obvious and has been said by many others. There was no record of him going on Fox News days before the London attacks.

That said, what do we do about the stuff in that story that has some truth to it For example, if it is so easy to target public places and doesn't even require suicide bombers, why aren't we seeing that kind of attack now? What should we be doing to protect ourselves?

What about unprotected bags? We've had all kinds of false bomb reports already. Do we want to encourage more by training the population to report everything? Why does a bomb have to be in a bag or brief case? Surely a bicycle could be modified to hide a bomb.

While Israel has apparently done some good things by training all their citizens how to deal with wartime conditions, I'm not sure that scales well to North America. There has been a lot said about how they handle airport security. Their busiest airport is smaller than Detroit. In some ways it's like health care. What works for smaller countries might not work so well in such a large country as yours.

In other words, right now I have no answers, but taking away liberties and creating a siege mentality surely isn't the answer.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)