AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Who here has a rental house let out
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

David in MD
Posted 1/10/2010 07:05 (#1014213 - in reply to #1013225)
Subject: RE: Who here has a rental house let out

I rent out two houses and with the same tenants for 6 and 10 years. I went online and found a rental application that requested all the important information. I also requested a credit report with the application. Credit reports are free at www.annualcreditreport.com
Requiring a credit report scared a lot of potential renters off which was a good thing. You probably won't find a perfect credit report or they would be homeowners. One set of tenants had a poor report from a failed construction business but they told me that upfront. They couldn't get a loan but they could pay monthly rent and had the wherewithal to manage a high maintenance house. I also asked for references especially from previous landlords and called them. It's amazing what a reference will tell you if you ask. The question "Would you rent to this person again?" opens the door up to all kinds of information. Finally, prepare a written lease so everything is in black and white. Like someone else said if you get a good tenant treat them well. I've been slow to raise rents, despite rising taxes and insurance, because I've got good tenants and want them to stay.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)