AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

When was Formica not good enough?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

CJDave
Posted 1/9/2010 08:01 (#1012433 - in reply to #1012368)
Subject: RE: When was Formica not good enough?

Southeast Iowa
That show "House Hunters" on HGTV is a hoot in so many ways. These still-wet-behind-the-ears kids; who haven't a clue about anything; walk into a house that they can't even afford, and the FIRST THING that the female half of the couple will say is: "Ewwww... these counter tops have GOT TO GO!" THEN this same couple goes ga-ga over stainless steel appliances. What the heck is "dated" supposed to mean anyway? That term is so over-used on HGTV that it has completely lost it's meaning. Will all this stainless steel be "Ewwww... it's so DATED!" a few years from now? MY SIL is a remodel contractor and works mainly for high end clients. When Mrs. Highend gets tired of her kitchen, THAT'S IT! She wants it OUTA THERE! Sooo....SIL and daughter have been developing a string of rental houses that we rebuild using the toss-outs from Mrs Highend and other clients. Complete sets of high-grade cabinets, counters, French doors, special windows, ...you name it, Mrs Highend wants it all gone! All we usually have to buy is maybe trim and baseboards to totally upgrade a rental. It's great to mix-n-match a set of kitchen cabinets; EXCEPT for the time I found a jelly tart totally decomposed in one of the drawers....YUUUUUKKK!!! I was kind of surprised that Mrs Highend would have let that happen?
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)