AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Printer Problems Minolta 2430DL
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Computer TalkMessage format

tedbear
Posted 1/9/2007 10:50 (#85271 - in reply to #85179)
Subject: Believe I've found my problem

Near Intersection of I-35 & I-90 Southern Mn.
After thinking about the posts from Dennis and Ted Macy, I explored the situation again this morning.

Dennis indicated on his 2430 that the ink was still wet, when the page came out of the printer. It stayed that way permanently since apparently it was not "burned" into the paper properly.

This morning I hooked the printer to a heavy extension cord to power it from another part of the building. The "sound" of the printer seems better but the printing problem continued.

I noticed that if I rubbed some of the color pages that I had printed earlier, the color toner had not been "set" either.

I checked online for the troubleshooting section. After answering several questions, I was lead to a section that said to check the "Envelope" tabs. Apparently these tabs are set for envelopes or standard thickness paper. I discovered that the left tab was in the envelope position and the right tab was in the standard position.

I put both tabs in the standard position and the limited printing I've done so far seems fine. When I checked some of the earlier printouts, I discovered that the problem was always on the left side which is the side where the tab was set to Envelope.

If this continues to work fine, I will try plugging back into the wall socket rather than using the extension cord.

After a couple of hours, I plugged back into the wall with no problems. I found that the 12V power suppy I have attached to the same outlet for powering various devices was causing the strange sound that I had associated with the printer which is right above it.

Thanks for the posts

Edited by tedbear 1/9/2007 17:44
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)