AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Printer Problems Minolta 2430DL
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Computer TalkMessage format

tedbear
Posted 1/5/2007 14:35 (#83339)
Subject: Printer Problems Minolta 2430DL

Near Intersection of I-35 & I-90 Southern Mn.
I have used a Minolta 2300 DL at my home for several years with very good results.

A while back I misordered a toner cartridge for it and ended up getting a cartridge for the newer 2400 series.

A couple of weeks ago, I saw the Minolta 2430 at my local Sam's Club. Since I had good luck with the 2300 series and I had a cartridge for the 2400 series I bought it. This was to be used at work to replace a cheap inkjet.

The price was cheaper than the old 2300 series. Anyway I set it up and it seemed to work as expected although I notice certain areas of a printed page have a ghost of the printing from the top part of the page. In other areas, the print is readable but not quite what it should be - certain parts of certain letters seem faint.

It's almost as if the printer needs cleaning which shouldn't be the case yet, since I haven't really printed much. The problem isn't apparent with color and does seem to get better with repeated use. In other words if I print 20 copies of a page, the later ones seem better.

The printer also seems to make a strange noise when it is sitting idle beside me and not being used. It as if it starts up and then briefly pauses. I just noticed a relationship between the "pause" and a slight flickering of the florescent lights in my office. There must be some connection. Maybe I'll take the printer home and try it on my other computer system this weekend.

Anyone have any suggestions or experience with this type of problem?

Edited by tedbear 1/6/2007 06:57
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)