AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Layoffs are a fact of life
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

Green Acres Guy
Posted 3/12/2024 17:37 (#10662717 - in reply to #10662696)
Subject: RE: Layoffs are a fact of life

Latimer, Iowa (north central)
That’s interesting. What school was it? In my MBA classes at both Bentley in Boston and university of Northern Iowa we were taught the best scenario is a “win/win”. As in the best scenario for all parties involved is that everyone wins a little and not at the expense of others they do business with. Long term relationships are cultivated best by working together to fulfill needs, be it product demands or workers. “Lose/win or lose/lose” scenarios don’t last as they open the door for others to exploit poor relationships. I am not naive enough to think all business is conducted this way, but look at examples within company we are talking about with workers going on strike. If a few concessions were made by both parties ahead of time business would flow better.

Since this is a farmer forum, will use example of paying rent. It is better to pay a landlord fair market rent and continue to farm the ground than being the guy screwing them with cheap rent or the guy outbidding everyone else just to farm the acres. The cheap guy won’t farm it long and the high guy won’t make any money.

Personally, I like looking for “win/win” relationships and will not stay in win/lose ones very long. Seems like we are looking for ways to be cynical and negative.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)