AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Raven Flow meter jumping around
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

tedbear
Posted 3/12/2024 08:48 (#10662277 - in reply to #10661515)
Subject: RE: Raven Flow meter jumping around

Near Intersection of I-35 & I-90 Southern Mn.
I'm not exactly certain how the TeeJet Control valve is wired.

The Raven control valve uses only two wires.

Sending "+" on one wire and "-" on the other wire causes the motor to run in one direction. Sending the opposite polarity cause the motor to run in the other direction. If either or both wires are in a float status (neither "+" or "-") then the motor does not turn.

The more expensive Raven control valves include limit switches. There is a low limit switch and a high limit switch. The idea is to prevent the butterfly from ever going beyond fully closed which would start to open back up again or beyond about 90% open which is considered fully open.

These limit switches break the circuit when a cam contacts and depresses either the low limit switch or the high limit switch. The problem with that approach is when the controller or operator reverses the polarity to get the motor to start turning in the opposite direction that the limit switch is initially still being pushed.

The trick is to place a diode across the switch which allows the motor to start turning in the opposite direction. Once the switch is released and the motor runs a bit, the limit switch is no longer breaking the circuit and the motor speed picks up slightly due to full voltage.

I'm not certain as to what the purpose of the third wire might be in the TeeJet control valve. I have seen some valves where the third wire is a constant power so the motor can "get started" to get off the limit cab when it had been fully cycled.

Switching to a Raven control valve might help your situation as this is what the Ag Leader set as a standard control valve will be expecting.

Edited by tedbear 3/12/2024 08:52
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)