AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Raven Flow meter jumping around
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

notillgleaner
Posted 3/7/2024 07:27 (#10655149 - in reply to #10645071)
Subject: RE: Raven Flow meter jumping around

Central Kansas

tedbear - 2/29/2024 08:55 To be certain that the inline control valve is not confusing the issue put the controller in manual or just temporarily unplug it. Then you will know it can't move. The inline control valve moves slowly even if it is involved. It should take about 8 seconds to go from fully closed to fully open (fully open is not completely open anyway). I don't think the control valve is your problem.
I did a little spraying last couple days with the control valve unplugged and manually controlled a bypass.  This is a Rogator boom and plumbing.  I'm told that the Rogators use pwm on hydraulic to control the pump so this butterfly valve was probably not designed to be a control valve.  I have been using it as such though for several years with an EZ Guide 500.  WE now put in this In Command 1200 and it reacts way too fast.  It also won't stay open when in manual mode.  I've changed a lot of settings to slow down the reaction but I think it moves too much with each "pulse".  Is there a way to make this valve work or do I need to get a different one?

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)