AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Raven Flow meter jumping around
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

notillgleaner
Posted 2/28/2024 18:10 (#10644127 - in reply to #10643096)
Subject: RE: Raven Flow meter jumping around

Central Kansas

tedbear - 2/28/2024 07:43 The turbine inside rides on some "glass" bushings. Sometimes these bushing are missing or out of place. This can allow the turbine to rub against the outer wall of its housing. This could cause it to stick but then break loose. If the turbine has been rubbing on the outer wall, there will be some visible scratches on the wall. With the flow meter disassembled carefully look at the turbine shaft for excessive wear. Generally the shaft will wear before the "glass" bushings. The adjustment nut is rarely the problem unless it is set too tight. When the unit is reassembled, you should be able to hear a slight click as you shake it near your ear. The internal parts can last a long time but will eventually wear. They make literally millions of revolutions in normal use. Flow meters work best with some back pressure. Sometimes when a larger flow meter is used with low rates the system can surge. Sometimes adding a restriction is useful. Certain Rogators have a hand ball valve in the output line. This appears to be a regular ball valve but it has had a smaller hole drilled 90° across the ball. With larger flow rates, the handle is turned so the ball allows full flow. With smaller rates, the handle is turned to what appears to be the OFF position but due to the new hole allows a restricted flow.
Thanks for this information.  I actually have a Rogator boom mounted on another sprayer.   It has a ball valve with some sort of bypass.  I put a new Ag Leader system on this sprayer but still using the flowmeter that I had been using .  There are a lot of variables here but trying to work through them.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)