AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Soil test interpretation, fertility, fertilizer recommendations, and economics
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

W Bench Farms
Posted 2/15/2024 11:20 (#10624445 - in reply to #10624313)
Subject: RE: Soil test interpretation, fertility, fertilizer recommendations, and economics

Lisbon, OH
Baby Robin - 2/15/2024 10:38

Pvafarm - 2/15/2024 04:29

Work with a local, independent, trusted source for fertility advice. Don't come here. Somebody in SD or NE is in a totally different environment than you. One poster likes K at 300 ppm. As an example - we have soils here that optimum is 80 ppm K (bray P1) since the soils literally can't hold a lot of K and anything over is a waste trying to build much higher with commercial fertilizer. That's one example here. So get local advice on your soils and fertility. Guys love saying their area is so unique and special but will try to advise somebody on fertility all the time. I don't get it. Good luck!

Curious here - but why are you using Bray P1 phosphorous test to correlate it to potash K @ 80 ppm. I genuinely have never heard of a correlation with these 2

Good observation, and this is where I'm trying to educate myself. This is where it gets frustrating to me. Attached is the page from the Tri-state fertilizer recommendations that I have been using, published by OSU. No where does it mention what test is used to come up with those numbers. I have not been able to find anywhere that it says using such and such test, soil with adequate fertility should have these numbers. And I know every area is different. That's basically what I'm trying to figure out. If I have x ppm P and y ppm K, I have been doing my part to make the soil better. Or, I'm below a and b, so I need to add to my fertilizer program. Even though it seems like those are simple questions, I have not been able to find any research giving that information.

(Screenshot_20240215-121139-699 (full).png)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments Screenshot_20240215-121139-699 (full).png (219KB - 55 downloads)
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)