AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

analyze this......
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

white shadow
Posted 2/11/2024 09:34 (#10618537 - in reply to #10618258)
Subject: RE: Crazy thought

East Central South Dakota
I totally agree with you. The unintended consequences of Governmental Policy. I strongly believe that CRP and crop insurance is one of the reasons the North American cow herd is the lowest it's been since 1950's something and people are crying about the price of beef. Sell the cows, break your pasture up, farm it for 4-5 years and then CRP is an option on the crappy part and crop insurance protects you on the good stuff.

I have about 20 acres that needs something different badly. White with salinity. This piece sits right next to a natural blue line to tile into. I can't get it permitted to drain because of two little wetlands and where it sits. Hard to drain in the Northern Plains. I would much rather tile it than put it in CRP----Government Policy prohibits tiling, but CRP, that costs taxpayers' money is an option.

We are so attached to the Government it has become a way of life. Business as usual. Even for billionaires like Bill Gates.

How do we stop it? We can't even stop a ludicrous project like the CO2 pipeline, which makes no sense at all, with no science, and no social benefits to the public. It makes a handful of rich people richer. I have pretty much given up on it all, and I might as well get in line with my hand out because we have lost. Common sense and Capitalism have LOST. It is that simple.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)