AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Land market still hot
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

Boone & Crockett
Posted 2/10/2024 09:17 (#10616988 - in reply to #10616952)
Subject: RE: DreamDirt has one coming up that’s about as good as it gets

Kooiker - 2/10/2024 08:56

Boone & Crockett - 2/10/2024 07:47 as far as quality soils. 3 80’s in Grundy county Iowa, fully 40% of the acres have a perfect 100 CSR rating. If there’s anything to fault them for, it would be a couple waterways running through them. Will be interesting to see what they sell for.

https://zomercompany.com/site/wp-content/uploads/2024/01/Huisman-11x17-IA-Land-Booklet.pdf

This is the ground I was talking about.  It would be hard to find a nicer laying or better quality piece of ground anywhere.   The ONLY downfall to buying this is it’s gonna cost the buyer a LOT of money.   

One of the big differences between the 2 properties is the wide variance on the piece you’re referencing vs the Grundy county piece between CSR 1and 2 ratings. The soil maps don’t show a CSR1 for the Grundy county land, but IIRC, Tama/Muscatine soils have a mid 90’s for CSR1, vs mid 70’s for the Sioux county land. If I’m a buyer/investor, I’d much rather have the Grundy county land. But that’s just me, my mom and Dad both Graduated from Whitten high. That’s where our family roots are from.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)