AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Looking for wind turbine advice
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

davy crockett
Posted 2/8/2024 22:03 (#10615190 - in reply to #10615050)
Subject: RE: Looking for wind turbine advice

everyones situation is different, i can see for some who might not have heirs and dont live on the farm it could be a good deal. i was approached about it because i have farms near transmission lines. they offered good payments to sign up as a easement for 5 yrs to decide if more would sign on. then if they put up "turbins" they would pay i think $12k, increasing 2% @ yr with 50 yr option plus 20 yrs plus another 20 yrs... my grandkids would have to deal with it, had i signed.

my problem is the 90 years of commitment, if it was 20 yrs i wouldve signed. how do we know 2% increases will be enough? if electricity rates go up, the payment might be pretty cheap in the future and how do we know with new technologies they wouldnt stick more and taller "turbins" on your farm? lines have to be buried, could it be a backdoor loophole to have the right to put in things you wouldnt want like the c02 pipeline?

maybe im too cautious and i passed on the next money coining opportunity. but they have my number and 10yrs from now they need to put up more "turbins" we can talk about a 20yr contract :-)

bottomline: a layperson can see in their contract if its a good deal for them, theyll be on your farm for 90 yrs, if it turns sour for them, they have no commitment to hang around.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)