AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Custom Fencing
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Stock TalkMessage format

Fencer99
Posted 1/16/2024 19:18 (#10578219 - in reply to #10572755)
Subject: RE: Custom Fencing

Newberry IN
Me and my brother started fencing in 2018. One thing I've learned is every area is different so I'm not going to tell you what to charge however I'll tell you what are local area (indiana) market is. We won't go under $2.25 a ft for labor and it goes up from there but we necessarily don't bid by the ft either we figure our material cost ,labor, overhead, and how much we want to profit per day and give a bid. We use to bid by the ft only and every job was different terrain and different length of sections and we would make really good on some jobs and lose on the next three. We don't do jobs unless we supply the material just because we never knew what we were getting into when the customer supplied the material. And if you ran out of material it was either grandads fault or cousin Billy's fault. However getting started we did a lot of that so we could get jobs and exposure. The fencing business has been really good to us and we plan to make a career out of it but it's like any business it takes work and dedication. Good luck

Edited by Fencer99 1/16/2024 19:20
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)