AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Custom Fencing
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Stock TalkMessage format

Alberta Cowman
Posted 1/14/2024 19:17 (#10574395 - in reply to #10572755)
Subject: RE: Custom Fencing

Depends what kind of specs you’re talking about.

One custom outfit nearby was at $7/M a couple years ago. That was a 4 stand with 4”x6’ posts 12’ space. One wire gate per half mile. They keep busy all summer.

Last barbwire fence I built was a 5 strand using 6’ sucker rod posts. I’ll leave out the cost of the 6” pipe braces and 36’ swinging gates as most don’t view them as necessary.

For a half mile I come up with
200 posts at $8.75 =$1750
10 rolls @ $125 =$1250
2 end braces 2-7/8” pipe@ $100 =$200

Just materials I’m at $3200 far a half mile. If you’re using a wider spacing or 4 strand you’d be a few less $. Wood braces would be less $. Wood posts were the same $ as the sucker rod posts unless you’re using just 3” posts.

The sucker rod posts go in real quick and easy with just a loader and two people

Not sure there’s many $ left for you at the rates you’re talking unless you’re getting way better prices on materials. Anyone telling you that you’re too high hasn’t priced materials lately.

If you can build a nice 4 strand for that kind of $ I’d say you’ll be as busy as you want. If I didn’t enjoy building fence so much myself I’d ask how far you would travel.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)