AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

John Burns and others---gestational diabetes
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

John Burns
Posted 12/24/2023 08:12 (#10538840 - in reply to #10538254)
Subject: Continuing education and state of the art

Pittsburg, Kansas
RDinMN - 12/23/2023 17:56

I would look to your health care providers for guidance.

That is always a given and good, safe advice. I suspect he has already thought of that.

The internet doctors do NOT give individual medical advice (although a few do actually take new patients and have a regular practice).

The value of their presentation or interviews is education such that a person can then ask intelligent questions of their health professionals. If their current professional can not answer the questions adequately, it could be a reason to pursue a second opinion from a different provider.

If there is one thing I have learned from the for profit health industry, it is that a person has to be their own health advocate. Being educated is part of that process.

"Best practices" that many health professionals are bound by in the commercial environment they work in don't always reflect latest research. Asking a health professional a good question may actually cause them to have to dig deeper in their hopefully continuing education.

I suppose there are some professionals that don't like to be questioned. I had a heart doctor with that attitude. He no longer is my doctor. I fired him. As customers we can do that and seek better service from our different providers.

Edited by John Burns 12/24/2023 08:19
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)