AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Hearing impared
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

cotncrzy
Posted 12/4/2023 06:49 (#10509219)
Subject: Hearing impared

PROSPECT, TENNESSEE
Hello all,

I asked a bunch of stuff on this forum in various categories, probable never anything here. I have never had bad advice from this group of people!
So saying that....

I have slowly lost my hearing. I began in my 30's and slowly progressed. In 2016 I sought out hearing aids because of phone conversations. On top of this farming operation, I have a trucking business, and a seed business, which keeps my phone hot! It's irrelevant I guess who I chose for the aids, but just so everyone on here knows, Beltone has far from satisfied me. I have spent 10's of thousands of dollars on aids and hear worse than ever!
Finally sought out professional help thinking something was wrong with my hearing besides loss since it was leaving by the month. Come to find out, Beltone was blasting so much noise in my ears they were doing the same thing as being in a loud environment or listening to loud music on headphones! Apparently
they are determined to keep you coming back!
Anyway, that's all water under the bridge, I'm literally legally deaf, have now a restricted CDL license which will shut down the trucking business. The ENT has suggested an Implant to help me hear. Pretty good ordeal sounds like, very expensive too! It sounds as my only choice if I want to continue to carry on any kind of life!
I just wondered if anyone else might have had something like this done? We all know farmers are not your average person. Sweat and dust have destroyed so many hearing aids I can't count! Can't help but wonder about this implant deal? I was told the aids were waterproof when I shelled out the 8k for them, but then after the second warranty claim was told they were water resistant, don't get them wet! I'm on my 4th set of aids, as of this morning, one is off for repair, and my other has messed up, everything sounds like a computer voice talking.
If anyone has something to share, I would appreciate it! Im starting the wheels after the holidays, IF insurance approves! TIA
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)