AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Tinnitus and diet
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

1972RedNeck
Posted 11/26/2023 22:37 (#10498559 - in reply to #10498479)
Subject: RE: Tinnitus and diet

Townsend, Montana
CMN - 11/26/2023 21:36

Eating a strict Keto diet has done nothing to "cure" my tinnitus...I wish it would.

I always assumed my tinnitus was from damage to the ears. Not sure if it was or wasn't, but I have a family history of exceptional hearing. My grandfathers and great uncles on both sides spent countless hours in their younger days running D8s pulling cans without ear protection day in and day out and yet they all can/could hear a pin drop on carpet from across the room into their 80's and 90's. I suspect I have bullet proof ears as well and it was just the junk food messing with me.

I'm sure some people do have tinnitus caused by damage to the ears that nothing will fix.

I do believe that keto has great merit for everyone, especially those that have been on the SAD for so many years. I make a point of getting into ketosis for a couple days each month. But I wonder how much of the benefit that most see is from ketosis and how much is from just cutting out all the processed foods and chemicals that accompany all the carbs in the SAD. Even on a strict keto diet, you can still be eating additives and chemicals that may or may not be detrimental. Even if it's not listed on the ingredient list, any ingredient that comprises less than 2% of the total doesn't have to be listed...
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)