AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Low carb, carnivore diet. My experience.
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

Skyfish
Posted 6/29/2023 18:00 (#10293663)
Subject: Low carb, carnivore diet. My experience.

Central IA
I thought I’d share my experience. It took me 2 years plus to dive in and try. But I give many thanks to the people that post the links and tell their experiences on here.

I am lucky, I have no major health issues and good blood pressure(110/70). I just want to get close to my HS and college weight. And I know for someone like me(great family history, at least that is what life insurance agents say! Lol)weight will be my biggest enemy to life longevity.

I started June 2nd, a day late, as I was traveling for work. Lots of beef, chicken and eggs. I like eggs and beef the most. As has the most flavor with out sauce. My wife is determined to make me eat some veggies. So I eat some cauliflower, broccoli and brussel sprouts. I did eat some watermelon one day when I was out working on fence as my body was telling me it was out of juice. If you’ve been there, I think you know what I’m talking about.

I will say, hunger is almost never felt anymore. Crazy, I eat as I know I should eat something. Sometimes I eat once a day, sometimes it’s 3 times. I really, I mean REALLY miss my half n half in my coffee. That is one of my biggest loses, I do substitute heavy cream sometimes.

I do have major cravings still. I was similar to others. I ate cereal a lot. Thought I was being healthy eat frosted mini wheats and stuff like that. My favorite snack at night was an English muffin with peanut butter. Still have craving for any kind of bread with sugar. And ice cream, but managing so far with willpower. And Perrier or Pellegrino, more on that later.

Have I cheated or screwed up. Yes, I do have 1 beer every Saturday. I still have a glass of wine about 2 times a week, red dry. But I know it has sugar/carbs. I do enjoy a glass of bourbon still. No old fashion. Just on the rocks with 1 cherry. I’m sure cherry has sugar. But I have to have something. I do occasionally eat a salad on the road, I’m sure the dressing is not the best. But I do work full time off farm and travel a lot(screen name). I went to Sam’s and bought a case of Perrier after a couple days. Just to have some fizzy water. It’s amazing how us Americans just need to have something. When I have a craving, I sip on one of these. It helps tremendously!

I swear your taste buds change. That day cleaning up trees and fence. My wife was eating raspberries and yogurt. I grabbed one raspberry, dipped slightly in plain yogurt. It was like a sugar bomb!

The keto flu! Holy crap. Day 3 or 4 hit me hard. That night before, I swear I got up to urinate every hour. The next day I felt terrible. Took about 3 days to get back to feeling almost normal.

Even though I do not have a perfect track record. I’ve lost 11 pounds as of the 26th. That’s even on Saturday I go with wife and have dinner somewhere. (That’s when I have beer). And I try and be good, but it’s hard ordering when out. I have not had any bread or cereal, even my favorite English muffins! I did have a few slices of very thin pizza one night, did not eat the edge crust.

Thank you mr Burns. I do plan on continuing hard through August. Then I hope to introduce a few items, if I still want. If you read this. What was the brand of pork rines you like? Just snacking is hard. I eat a few peanuts or almonds. But try and just drink fizzy water. I’ll post after another month.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)