AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Eco tank printers
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

martin
Posted 6/20/2023 17:18 (#10279788 - in reply to #10279013)
Subject: RE: Eco tank printers

1) I asked whether it was just the copying that didn't work, or also printing from a computer.  Let me explain.... if it can print from a computer, but not copy, I would say that sounds like a software/firmware issue, as opposed to a mechanical issue. If it doesn't work for printing or copying, that is more likely a mechanical issue.

2) The thought crossed my mind.... what kind of paper are you using? Currently, I am using Hammermill CopyPlus paper. I have also used Staples Copy paper. Are you using paper designed for copiers? It may pay to get a different brand of paper, see if that addresses the issue.  It likely will not, but I think it might be something to try.  If changing the paper addresses the issue, then I would say your copier mechanism is not "grabbing" the paper. It might be the paper you are currently using is too "slick" (or something), and that is why it is not working. Again, it might not be your issue, but maybe you want to rule it out.

3) Did you buy this printer at a Best Buy physical store? or did you buy it on-line and have it delivered? Off-hand, I don't know what Best Buy's return policy is. I would consider loading the printer in my vehicle, along with boxes (if you have them), the purchase receipt, and a package of paper. Take it to the Best Buy store. Set it on their counter. Hook it up, try to copy, and let them see the problem. Maybe they can see a simple solution.  Or maybe they will swap you for a different printer. It is always possible that you got a lemon.  If so, I would think that Best Buy would swap it, and they would deal with Canon. Especially if it is a very recent purchase.

Good luck.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)