AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

John Deere SCV coupler fiasco
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

c_mayer
Posted 6/2/2023 09:04 (#10253608 - in reply to #10253513)
Subject: RE: John Deere SCV coupler fiasco

Jeffersonville, OH
farmdude - 6/2/2023 09:04

Never had to replace anything on a hydraulic coupler on tractors back in the seventies or 80s.Yeh they could make those things to last forever.They did back then.Make them to fail now.

How much hydraulic flow did you run on constant flow at 150* or better in the 80's? You also didn't have many 50+ GPM hydraulic systems that could actually max out the flow to any one coupler by double it's capacity...

I have guys that have never failed a coupler, I have guys that fail them somewhat regularly...the difference is what they are doing with the tractor. Also, most of the time just the o-rings fail and the couplers leak into the catch bottles, AGCO has released better o-rings that have greatly improved reliability. Also, only using the flow needed for a specific task helps them be more reliable, as well as using Low Pressure return ports as needed for return oil instead of running all the oil back through the SCV's and couplers and creating unwanted heat.

No idea on Deere o-rings and couplers, they are supposed to be the best. That's what I always hear anyway...

Chris
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)