AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Question for other first responders
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

VMUSA1
Posted 5/14/2023 10:00 (#10228525 - in reply to #10228071)
Subject: RE: Question for other first responders

Illinois Heartland
I’m retired from the State DOT. I was the first at the scene of more accidents and fatalities than I ever care to think about. I’ve pulled people from burning vehicles before any help arrived, I’ve done CPR on several people before medics arrived, and I’ve had to cover up parts and pieces of dead bodies to prevent onlookers and picture takers from causing more crashes. I was in charge of a District Mobile Emergency Operations Center and personally hauled it to tornado, flood, and other emergency's setting it up before most anyone else arrived. During the Pandemic, I was in charge of the 24/7/365 medical deliveries from the National Guard to all the Hospitals and nursing homes in a 12 county area.

I get amused by some of the “volunteer” first responders in our area driving around with blue flashing lights on their trucks who think they are entitled to all the discounts. They are usually the last to show up on the scene, then try to tell everyone their business and what they are doing wrong.

The only time I ever used the First Responder Discount was when I bought a new Chevy truck in the middle of the Pandemic in 2020. An HD crew cab with 8 ft bed was impossible to find at the time and a local dealer helped me locate one 3 states away, then went and got it. His wife was a nurse who I coordinated several pandemic medical deliveries with at the hospital and she told him what my line of work was. He insisted that I apply for the Discount through Chevy and helped me with the paperwork.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)