AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Question for other first responders
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

JimS
Posted 5/15/2023 16:34 (#10230335 - in reply to #10228283)
Subject: RE: Professional vet

Suspicious.

I’ve had objects hurled at me, been called baby killer, been chastised by teachers and poorly graded for being a vet and now people line up to thank me and give me freebies? Yeah, I’m suspicious, very suspicious. I’m like that dog you’ve beaten one too many times. I ain’t coming when you call me or when you offer me a treat. It’s almost as bad as reparations.

I remember after the towers were hit; United we stand. Where was that unity when the BLT HQ was hit in Beirut? I remember being at a public event a month after 11 September where everyone solemnly sang the anthem. It actually made me chuckle. I knew that in a very short time people would be doing the things people do. I laughed every time I saw someone with a United we stand sticker cutting someone off. Some unity.

We are all so hypocritical. Why should I assuage someone’s guilt by taking the freebie? I am a man. I signed the contract with open eyes. I sought nothing more than to serve and anyone who serves for anything more than that is mercenary and is of questionable character. I’ve seen the world for what it is. Don’t pick up souvenirs and trinkets. Not only is it a good way to die it is essentially selling your soul.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)