AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

sweets!!
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

John Burns
Posted 5/2/2023 10:51 (#10212878 - in reply to #10212552)
Subject: addiction

Pittsburg, Kansas

Curious - 5/2/2023 06:10  So I made sure I got enough good stuff, bacon, beef, dark meat chicken, cream, butter, cheese, avacados, leafy greens etc. that I wasn't hungry.

I think that is the key that made it work for us. My wife on and off "dieted" for a number of years of our 40 years of marriage. Always lose a few pounds (Weight Watchers and her girl friends doing it together) then fall off the wagon and gain it all back plus a couple three more. Yo-Yo dieting. When we went low carb (both for weight loss, me especially for my diabetes) we never went hungry. We always ate whatever amount we felt like eating. We just limited the food choices rather than quantity.

Meat with the natural fats are highly satiating. They fill you up, make you feel satisfied, and keep the hunger away for many hours. Sugar and carbs just don't have the same satiety effect. And I think that was the main key for us being successful. Cutting the carbs cut the desire to eat so often. 

Addiction is another problem and looking back, I was definitely addicted. But until the satiety was satisfied, I did not have a prayer of overcoming my addiction. Took me six or nine months to get off the desire for sweet taste and diet sodas were my last big hurdle that I finally conquered. Once I got off them, I again had control of myself.

We don't listen to all of Dr Cywes (Carb Addiction Doc) videos, but he has a good message and is a good one to follow. Another doctor of a long line of doctors that first learned how to heal himself unconventionally (while failing himself with conventional treatment) before incorporating it into his medical practice and using it for patients.
https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=carb+addiction+doc

Edited by John Burns 5/2/2023 10:59
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)