AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

sweets!!
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

Curious
Posted 5/2/2023 07:10 (#10212552 - in reply to #10211895)
Subject: RE: sweets!!

NW IA
Tons of info on YouTube to advise on avoiding, or better, eliminating sugar.

Dr. Becky Fitness, The Carb Addiction Doc and lots more, if you look through their content it's easy to find the topic.

You are right to be concerned. You don't want to be "skinny fat" NAFLD, or non alcoholic fatty liver disease- not something to mess with. Many sources of health info are more concerned about triglycerides than total cholesterol.

Avoid the moderation in all things dogma. It won't work for very many folks, and can just keep the craving alive as a constant irritant.

I honestly doubt there could be a more sugar addicted fiend than I was 3ish years ago when I hit a wall. 6'4" 238, didn't think I was "fat", just felt like crap. Local Dr.- no help (unless gobbling up metformin and statins thrills you.)

I started down the "Dr. Burns" ( Thanks again John) rabbit hole and out of curiosity, short version- went cold turkey on sugar (think carbs wherever they lurk, bread, fruit etc.) and seed/vegetable oil.

The longer you stay away the better it gets, but IMHO I had to be satisfied, self control wasn't going to cut it. So I made sure I got enough good stuff, bacon, beef, dark meat chicken, cream, butter, cheese, avacados, leafy greens etc. that I wasn't hungry.

From eating fist-fulls of CC cookies and whole pans of my wife's baked goodies etc.to today, I wouldn't have believed it, but it's worth it.

One thing I am not sure of, Do I no longer like the taste of sugar? Or does it just scream at me, you don't want to feel that way again.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)