AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

I don't understand this blood sugar thing
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

Cooperator
Posted 4/16/2023 12:24 (#10188577 - in reply to #10187837)
Subject: RE: I don't understand this blood sugar thing

Central Alberta
Paystar500 - 4/15/2023 21:16

Have a family history of Diabetes, and was seeing some symptoms. So I bought a test kit - sure enough was on the high side. Highest reading was 220, avg over 6-8 tests was about 160
Started the carnivore diet, virtually zero carbs for about a month.
Most all tests were 120 or under, majority were 111-115, taken around 6pm most days. Similar activity levels.
Here's the odd part, I've had 2 spikes of 221 and 223, both were days of 100% zero carbs, only water to drink.
I've had 3 tests of 100 or lower, all 3 days were days with 12-18 oz of Mt Dew, 3 slices of thick crust pizza, or some other High carb food - basically typical diet.

Why would those days be lower levels, and zero carb days the highest ?  Makes no sense.

Nowadays, if you catch it early, there's no reason you can't live a long, healthy life with diabetes.
I speak from experience; I was first diagnosed 30 years ago, and with good dietary advice and medication, the disease has progressed very little.
The worst thing you can do is ignore it. That could lead to you losing a limb before you know it, and/or premature death. Don't mean to scare anyone, but that's how it is.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)