AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Moderation in eating
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

John Burns
Posted 3/3/2023 10:36 (#10121323 - in reply to #10121145)
Subject: Sinus problems - decongestants

Pittsburg, Kansas
I read that article, then followed the source link to the original article and finished reading the rest of it. Not much more to it at the original source that what you posted. I thought about posting the link here on KT but I post so much stuff already thought better of it.

One thing I have experienced about sinuses and diet is that when I went low carb I almost completely quit using decongestants and sinus meds. I used to take a decongestant/antihistamine every day while diving. If I did not, by the second or third day I would be so stuffed up in the head could hardly clear my ears under water. When I changed diets and got rid of the sugar, carbs and vegetable oils I ceased needing decongestants to scuba dive. Not sure which or all three that helped, but something did.

For years I took decongestants during the hay fever system time of year also even when not scuba diving. Had a doctors prescription for a while even. I think I might have taken a decongestant/antihistamine maybe a half dozen times in the last three years. I did get a cold one time and took them for a few days while diving. Other than maybe when I have a cold, I never need them any more. Don't take them. Used to never travel without them. Now never even think about them.

Food alergies that I didn't know I had????? I'm guessing that must have been it.

Edited by John Burns 3/4/2023 07:38
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)