AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Moderation in eating
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

cfdr
Posted 3/3/2023 08:40 (#10121145 - in reply to #10117299)
Subject: RE: Dr Gary Fetke

Thanks. I've moved away from sugar, and, like you said, the changes have been truly amazing. The one thing that still frustrates me is my overactive sinuses - and the headaches that go with it. I've wondered if, like what you say about this, I would feel a lot better if I went away from nearly all carbs. I know - one way to find out . . . (g)

It seems that the curtain has been pulled back - at least a bit - on more and more things. This, of course, is to be expected, as things seem to be chaotic systems, and they, like markets, sow the seeds of their own destruction. Just a couple of days ago i saw this on Zerohead - taken from The Epoch Times:

https://www.zerohedge.com/medical/childhood-obesity-what-youre-not-hearing-news

"Years ago, my co-author and colleague Mary Enig, who held a doctorate in nutritional sciences, had an interesting conversation with an official at the U.S. Department of Agriculture. The agency had researched the best way to fatten pigs—research that was never published. When they fed pigs whole milk or coconut oil, the pigs stayed lean—they found that the best way to fatten pigs was to feed them skim milk."

"In other words, children on low-fat diets tended to be overweight and had markers that presage diabetes later in life."

"Across all racial, ethnic, and socio-economic status subgroups, those drinking 1 percent skim milk “had an increased adjusted odds of being overweight … or obese … In longitudinal analysis, children drinking 1 percent skim milk at both 2 and 4 years were more likely to become overweight/obese between these time points …” In other words—children on skim milk are more likely to become fat—just like pigs do!"

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)