AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Moderation in eating
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

cfdr
Posted 2/28/2023 14:33 (#10117128 - in reply to #10116112)
Subject: RE: Moderation in eating

Thanks. Interesting video. I think he is on the money when it comes to the food industry. We've seen now how Big Parma works - the curtain has been drawn back enough to see how things really work. Money gives great power over both science and political influence. Why should the food industry be any different? Think of the tobacco industry - if given the chance, why wouldn't the food giants make their products as addictive as they possibly could? And, use their profits to buy influence in the world of science - and Washington?

The politics of climate change and how the science has been corrupted comes to mind here too. All a part of what I've thought of, for a very long time now, as The Big Game.

Now, I'm mainly thinking about the giants in the industry. From my reading, they have already pretty much insured that they are not subject to supply and demand - the idea of working world markets appears to be an illusion. Prices appear to be set more according to what each market around the world will bear.

Again, thanks. The wife and I watched it over morning tea.

PS - giving up the honey in my morning tea is going to be hard. (g)
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)