AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Moderation in eating
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

John Burns
Posted 2/28/2023 16:32 (#10117299 - in reply to #10117128)
Subject: Dr Gary Fetke

Pittsburg, Kansas
If you want to learn more about the industry and why things have evolved as they have, Dr Gary Fetke is the guy to go to (along with his wife Belinda).

https://m.youtube.com/results?sp=mAEA&search_query=dr+gary+fettke+di...

https://m.youtube.com/results?sp=mAEA&search_query=dr+gary+Belinda+f...

As far as giving up the honey, a person just needs to do what ever they need to do for their personal needs. Not everybody needs to be as strict as a long time diabetic like myself (that is totally controlling my blood glucose levels with diet and almost no medications or insulin injections).

But as Fetke points out in one of his videos, the dose is the poision. A little bit of honey here and there is probably not a problem for most people. My wife will occasionally use a small amount in something as a sweetener. And I am diabetic and have to watch that stuff. On the other hand, the quart jars of it like my dad and mom used to fill and sell consumed often and in large amounts is definitely not a health food! We had bees all the time of my youth and ate it regularly. My oldest son raises and sells bees and bee hives. Makes the hives in his own shop.

If a person is otherwise healthy a little sugar and stuff like honey, although not a health food, the body can handle without much problem. But a few generations ago people on average might have consumed a few pounds of it a year. Single digits. Now days it could be in the hundreds of pounds per year for some people. That is definitely, in my opinion, too much for good health!

Fructose is the worst of the problem (table sugar is half fructose and half glucose). It is metabolized by the liver using the same pathways as alcohol.........................but that is a whole "nuther" story. Honey is high in fructose as is fruit juice. Not to mention soda pop.

Edited by John Burns 2/28/2023 18:31
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)