AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Liberal/Conservatives
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

redoak
Posted 6/27/2022 20:41 (#9724252 - in reply to #9724231)
Subject: RE: Liberal/Conservatives

sw ontario
David I am sure u will correct me but I see privilege as being born white, into a loving family that was able to provide you with the necessities of life , an education and support ones hopes and dreams in good times and bad and unconditional love throughout all of this. Privilege is not just about $$$, its also about support .Health. Freedom to choose.A great employee & friend of ours went to a private Mennonite school until grade 8 and then came to work for us at 14 . From 14 to 18 there family gets there pay cheque and they get an allowance. 18 to 21 they get 1/2 there wages. At 21 they pay room & board or move out . By the way he is also a David and he too is privileged to have parents who taught him many life lesons. His Brothers are book keeper, Deere mechanic, heavy truck mechanic and laborer....its not always about the $$$$

I also listened to my sister in laws Grandfather telling me about life in Ukraine under Stalin and for 6 months only eating beets and then being able to go to Manitoba where he and other Mennonite families settled. Then moved to leamington.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)