AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

“Entertaining” kids in church
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

jdironman
Posted 6/26/2022 22:35 (#9722917 - in reply to #9722831)
Subject: RE: “Entertaining” kids in church

Nw Iowa
And young people are leaving the church in record numbers, maybe what worked 25-35 years ago isn’t working so well. Todays kids have internet and a whole host of other distractions today. If you are in a church that is full of older people you are not reaching any young people because they aren’t there. I am in no way disrespectful to anybodies church as long as Bible is being taught. . I am just saying that there has been a drain of young people and reaching kids today is a real battle. Are kids excited about learning about Jesus or forced? Is there a youth group for older kids that is active or do kids just stop coming at a certain point? I sure don’t have all the answers but if our kids don’t have a solid faith by time they leave home or go to college, alot of them will never sit in a church again or have a relationship with their savior.
We have 4 grandchildren, 2 that live very close to me. The two boys 4 and 6 Quite frankly can be a handful and Sunday mornings can be a challenge. Last night we sat around a campfire by my SIL and daughters home and the little 4 yr old one started singing a beautiful Christian song he learned at Bible school from his heart without being prompted. It warmed my heart because I knew he was listening to teachers that made Jesus relevant to his life and he was a child of God, even if Sunday mornings listing to a grown ups talk for 30 minutes wasn't really his thing.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)