AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

“Entertaining” kids in church
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

jdironman
Posted 6/26/2022 20:31 (#9722687 - in reply to #9722373)
Subject: RE: “Entertaining” kids in church

Nw Iowa
We go to alittle country church and one of our members who is always thinking outside the box decided during Covid first summer to have” church on the lawn.”. First summer and we had some really hot mornings if I remember, started out with about 60 or so and probably averaged about 100-120 a Sunday by end of summer which was slightly less than previous year normal attendance. Last year grew quite abit as we got some super summer speakers as Covid waned even though our previous pastor took a call. We were talking about it this morning as we thought we had 1 300 turnout service last year. This year been averaging over 300 a Sunday. We have contemporary music and serve a lunch, today even had a ice cream truck. Just like old fashioned gatherings. And I use the word we rather loosely as there are some very dedicated church members who have put their heart and alot of time and effort into it, not just talk. I have noticed that there have been a lot of new faces the rest of the year as well and has grown our little church. We have been very blessed to have some key members that really have great ideas and energy to see them thru all the while putting Bible and it’s word first without bending to todays pressure to conform to todays culture. God has also blessed us with a new pastor that really fits in as well ( old one was great too). So alive and well almost 10 miles from any population to speak of.
Back to your original question there is a puppet show or some other short activity after the worship songs and than kids go to summer school. Our younger families just continue to grow.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)