AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Hospice
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

wcfields
Posted 6/24/2022 21:17 (#9719783 - in reply to #9719243)
Subject: RE: Hospice

Chatham Ontario.
Our local hospice care is in a dedicated building built specially for its use. The nursing care my mom received at home prior to her stay was ok but nowhere near as comforting as hospice. We have an incredible staff that care for patients like they are family. We left it up to mom to decide when it was time to leave her home. (94 with pancreatic cancer). She was very anxious about going and it was a terribly tough call for me to make to have her transfered in. However the moment she was in her room and settled we instantly all knew it was the right choice for everyone. They were great with pain management and feeding. Family was also happy to visit there instead of going to her home and trying to crowd in her small bedroom. Actually her time in hospice is some of the best memories in her later years. Many miracles happen in her 40 day stay, and talking to staff during this time revealed some incredible stories about final moments of peoples lives. I consider our hospice more of a holy place than some churches I know. Many people I have talked with since my mothers passing also say the same thing about good experiences from their stay. Some people consider any talk of death as giving up. There was a home care nurse that thought we were cruel to talk about death any her final days ahead of time. If only she could have seen the many pleasant times visiting with friends and family my mother was able to have that wasnt happening prior to her stay.
Hope this eases your mind. Take care.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)