AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Change the heart…..then society will change.
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

OntarioCanuck
Posted 6/9/2022 18:24 (#9698216 - in reply to #9697911)
Subject: RE: Change the heart…..and then society will change.

North of London
I think you missed a few pages in history.
There were the so called 'dark ages' in Europe when progress in learning and scientific knowledge was held back by believers

The salvation at that time was the Muslim world where science advanced and much knowledge was kept up until the religions opened up in Europe to improve humanities knowledge of the world around us.

You seem to think it was Ok that men who wrote the bible allowed so many things like slavery and stoning people to be written in as approved practices.
It is fortunate that humanity, for the most part, realized how bad it was to own other humans and finally outlawed the practice a few hundred years ago refuting the approval that is given in the bible. Yes even in the so called 'new' part that you seem to think the god jesus changed the old rules of yahweh.

I do look at the big picture that is why I understand the true origin of the bible. Once you quit just believing and interpreting every thing to agree with your beliefs and look at the reality of the old book and the world around you then you will see the failings of that old book and this who interpret it to suit their wants.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)