AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Change the heart…..then society will change.
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

IHC 1470
Posted 6/12/2022 19:01 (#9702248 - in reply to #9700445)
Subject: RE: Change the heart…..and then society will change.

Idaho

OntarioCanuck - 6/11/2022 09:56 So you are in agreement with that old book that slavery is ok and gays should be killed People who work on Sunday should be stoned And there is more But I bet you chose to ignore or do not enforce those rules because you know they are wrong. just following the old book is not what believers do Believers look for parts of the old book that agree with what they believe and ignore or excuse the parts they do not agree with. Live in reality and you will be happier and more true to yourself

You claim that people cherry pick what they want out of the Bible. Strange you do the same, do you not recognize that? 

Slavery. In Exodus 20 before the Ten commandments were given the Lord said I am your God who liberated you from your slavery in Egypt. Now if He is all for slavery why would He say that and why did He liberate them from slavery? So I would say the issues you have with it are taken out of context. If slavery is the hill you want to die on what are you doing about it today? 40.3 million give or take according to the web. "This includes victims of forced labor, debt bondage, domestic servitude, human trafficking, child labor, forced marriage, and descent-based slavery."  This is just one quote so what are you doing to stop the issues of slavery in the world we live in today?. You write on here as if slavery no longer exist yet it does. 

Do you have the whole story on why the man was stoned? I assume you are referring to the story in Numbers 15:32-41. Please share with us where you think the issue lies. Was it he was punished, was it the method of punishment, was it working on Sunday? You brought it up so please clear up where your issue lies. 

You can chose your actions you just do not get to chose the consequences of your actions. Seems to hold true in the above story. 

Change the heart...........and then society will change. 

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)