AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Freight rates questions
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

Northwind
Posted 6/8/2022 11:03 (#9696177 - in reply to #9695977)
Subject: RE: Freight rates questions

Central Iowa
Dave most of the one truck operators are very limited in their customer base. Most of us worked through a dedicated broker as it was very difficult to set up a load then try to do a return or a round robin load. I had a couple customers and with enough lead time took care of them for a fair rate. The brokers also have fuel surcharges based on the national fuel price. The problem there was you might be operating on last weeks rate which doesn't help you this week. I could tell the broker I can't due it for x amount of money and usually we worked it out. But as most learn location is everything. Bad lanes don't change. Going to Denver? Better get a lot of money going out because you won't make any coming back! All I can say now is I'm glad I sold out in 2012. I have a friend who parked for summer. He is gonna wait it out for awhile. He may just do spot work and call it a day. Hauling cobs out of seed corn plants this fall, things like that. But he's 66 and can afford to do that. It's just too ugly right now.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)