AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Question for CATGUY and others
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

JoBob
Posted 6/12/2009 22:34 (#743161 - in reply to #743078)
Subject: Re: Question for CATGUY and others

West Central Wisconsin
Thanks for responding. To answer a few questions; cylinder #6 went bad, I could not see well enough to see the cylinder walls but did not feel anything obvious, yes the head is shot, I did not look at turbo fins, injector #6 damaged and #5 has broken spring, one push rod broken, I am not able to replace engine myself, $11,300 is complete reman engine for either a 250 or 275 hp and they mentioned belts, hoses, fluids etc...$1,500 so I'm thinking total bill might be in the $16,000 range. I agree a reman is the best choice for the long run but don't know if we want to stick that much money in this particular set up. This is a great field to farm truck but less than ideal as a highway hauler with the automatic in it. I know this is something only we can decide and I do appreciate your input. I do have options at least, put a used engine in, part out and put box on something else, buy a tractor/trailer like we should have in the first place,( my vote). One other question, do you see any problem with the 275 hp with the automatic or are we looking for trans trouble with the extra hp? Thanks, Joe.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)