AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

duramax diesel fuel milage and chipping?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

iseedit
Posted 5/27/2009 13:38 (#724614 - in reply to #724456)
Subject: RE: I'm full of it ?

central - east central Minnesota -

Rhino - 5/27/2009 09:03 Just running around from farm to farm I will get 15 and around 18 on the highway. I do know they get worse the newer they get my 03 was alot better then my 05 and my 08 is by far the worst. And sorry to say but iseedit I think your full of it if your getting that kind of mileage on a stock 06 you must be lucky and have the only one in the world

I agree with your statement that the older duramax's got better mpg's then the new . . . but to say I'm full of it and not knowing much about me or driving conditions I face and such, isn't called for. Driving habbits play a big role in mpg - I'm old enough to not hot-rod around and do not speed on back roads.  My closes town I frequent is 7 miles, or in other words when I use the truck and go somewhere, It's a trip - not tooling around the farm. I have tractors and a ATV for around the farm, and moveing trailers and such.

The DIC on the truck is only off by 2-3 tenths - higher, when compared to penciling it on miles and pump reciepts gals. My larger tires have been programed into the DIC from dealer. I never started getting what I consider fair/decent mileage untill I hit 40,000 miles - now I'm getting the 17-18 and occasional 21 on longer trips across the state (not freeway). Your reported milage on your '08 is pretty good compared to what others are saying - worse mpg due to added polution control stuff . .  .

I try to always add value to the posts/treads here - I am not a person to manufacture or embellish on my experences. They are what they are. I try to help and sometimes I don't always articulate my words/ing to get a points across if neccessary.

(P5270243.JPG)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments P5270243.JPG (73KB - 103 downloads)
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)