AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

mower deck (tips, tricks, and hints needed)
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

Hayburner
Posted 5/19/2009 23:55 (#718825 - in reply to #718649)
Subject: Re: mower deck (tips, tricks, and hints needed)

Throw away the blades you have on there and buy some Meg-Mo blades at: http://www.meg-mo.com/.

I have had a Craftsman since 1997, and had to replace blades at least once a year if not more because of the cheap blades. The Meg-Mo blades fit many different sizes, and I bought a set for mine a few years ago. About $120 for a set, but the blades are like the ones on a Woods or other big mower. I got the two disks, each disk has 4 smaller blades on it. The smaller blades can be taken off and sharpened, or you can leave them on the center disk and sharpen them. You can also replace the small blades pretty inexpensively...less than $6.00 each. I just replaced two of the small blades that were what I originally put on a couple years ago.

It mows much better now, and doesn't bog down in heavy or wet grass, and chops it pretty fine. With the cheap metal used in blades, I don't know why anyone would use anything other than Meg-Mo. No I don't sell them, but I mention them any chance I get because it was so irritating spending so much on regular blades and barely getting one season out of them.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)